Sunday, May 24, 2009

First Fish

We drove out to Birchwood to Anders' parents' house on the lake and did some fishing on a pontoon boat. Here is Kiefer and me on the drive getting excited to catch some fish.
IMG_4338
Caught this pic while driving, I love the green grass and trees and red barns.
IMG_4344
IMG_4348
We pulled up to the dock in front of Anders' house and Anders' dad got a pole setup and Kiefer reeled in his first fish off the dock! He was so excited and it was so much fun!
IMG_4361
IMG_4379
IMG_4363

IMG_4370
IMG_4372
The fish were biting like crazy so it was really quick and easy catching and tossing the small ones back. We ended up keeping a dozen and we're planning to cook them up later in the week.
IMG_4409
IMG_4407
I caught a few fish and here I am with my first one, notice I'm a little hesitant with the holding of the fish, Anders gave me a hard time and I'm going to need to work on that. What can I say, I'm an "Avid Indoorsman" so this is foreign territory for me.
IMG_4431
Cooper really liked the fish and even gave them kisses!
IMG_4398
The sisters had a great time on the boat relaxing and enjoying a perfect sunny day.
IMG_4415
Cooper really loved being in the driver's seat.
IMG_4413
We finished the day with an awesome fish fry at the Pine Ridge, so good!
IMG_4433

1 comment:

Kaci Mae said...

Hi Kiefer, it's Sam! I looked at the pictures of your trip. I saw you fishing. Did you have fun? I got a Bumblebee Transormer even though it's Evan's birthday and he got an Octomus (sic) Prime. I hope you have a good trip home and next time you come to my house you could play with our new Transformers. And I got to go to the ranch with my grandpa and grandma and now they're going back to California. I miss you and that's all.